Foundation in Management gives students a good understanding and strong preparation for them before furthering their studies to a higher level in management or other fields of their interest. This will help prepare students with deeper knowledge in the field of management and enable them to become more analytical when managing specific areas of work.
Through this programme, students will develop reading & writing skills, thinking skills and learn about the fundamentals of lifelong learning & personal development. Only for one year, students should be able to have a strong and necessary knowledge in management and anything related to business.
Programme Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for entry to the UNITAR Foundation Programme:
- Pass SPM or its equivalent, with at least five (5) credits in any subjects; OR
- Pass UEC with a minimum of Grade B in three (3) subjects; OR
- Pass O-Level with a minimum of Grade C in five (5) subjects; OR
- Any other equivalent qualifications recognised by the Malaysian Government.
The Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO) of this programme is to prepare graduates who are able to:
- Understands the fundamentals of scientific study of human behaviour, including learning and thinking, development, perception, motivation, emotion, personality and individual differences, social and abnormal behaviour.
- Discover the origin of law, social and legal theories and develop analytical skills on law studies and legal institutions.
- Prepare Foundation-level students as a preparatory course to ensure smooth transition from Secondary School to University learning environment. It covers all aspects of student life from personal right up to academic. To a smaller extent, it also provides students with practice at becoming better communicators.
- Learn through the human development concepts and theories, learners will gain better understanding on how and why people behave the way they do, and how individual vary from each other. The study of human development provides a solid foundation for human performance and human management.
- Listening and Speaking Skills
- Learning Skills
- Fundamentals of Information Technology
- English for Communication
- Fundamentals of Statistics
- Fundamentals of Lifelong Learning and Personal Development
- Ethics Theory and Practice
- Personal Finance Management
- Law and Society
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Thinking Skills
- Economics and Society
- Fundamentals of Business Management in Digital Economy
- Fundamentals of Psychology
- Introduction to Human Development
- Fundamental of Mathematics